Small Business Digital Grant! You cannot let this one slip your small business by! Time is of the essence!
Round 4 of the Queensland Government Small Business Digital Grants Program is now open! But you do have to be organised, be quick with your submission and ready to go with applications closing 5pm, 11th April 2018.
So what is this all about?
The Digital Grants Program provides small businesses with access to digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption. Matched funding of up to $10 000 (exl GST), with minimum funding of $1 000, is on the table for those eligible businesses.
Now, what makes your business eligible?
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
You’ve worked out you want it, but what can you do with the funds?
Hmmm… let’s see – you do need to show how the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of your business and help you to be more competitive and employ more staff.
This would include digital services such as:
- a new website development or rebuild of an existing one
- Ongoing maintenance package for all your digital needs
- design elements, content, copy
- Social Media services
- Setting up an online shop – e-Commerce to sell and receive funds for your products or services
And we just love the idea of getting your small business up and going online, harvesting your potential in the digital arena!
Once you’ve decided to give the application a go, and we know you want to, these are some areas to consider in regards to how the applications will be prioritised:
- the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money
You can read all about it here in the Small Business Digital Grants Program Application Guidelines.
Are you ready! You should be! Let’s do it.
This is what you need to do. Fill in this application form, attaching any supporting documentation or information required. Of course you will need a quote for the digital services you are seeking, that’s where we come in. You can fill in our Cultivate Web Design Website Brief to get the ball rolling and we can provide you with a quick smart quote ready to attach with your application. Do let us know you are applying and we will make sure you are set up and ready to go.